Storied Items Are More Valuable
Random items with stories that give them significance can raise the price of an item by 2700%. This has been proven on e-bay, back in the the summer of 2006 by Rob Walker of New York Times Magazine found the following: Here are some findings:
- A miniature jar of mayonnaise purchased for less than a dollar, sold for $51.00.
- A cracked ceramic horse head purchased for $1.29, sold for $46.00.
- The value of these formerly abandoned or forsaken objects suddenly and mysteriously skyrocketed when they were accompanied by a story.
- What does this mean for your business products?
- Can you share with the world a story about them?
- Can you give us a sense of place ie the verisimilitude of where they come from?